SQL Developer (Long Island)
Compensation: $115,530.00 - $170,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You will be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar NYC is looking for a talented Developer with strong SQL programming skills to join our team. This role will be responsible for helping develop the performance capture and production web application used by our teams worldwide. The successful candidate will adapt well to evolving priorities and deadlines, stay current with technology, and evaluate code/server performance quickly and efficiently.
WHAT WE DO
* We develop and maintain web applications to improve and standardize production workflows.
* We monitor & optimize web application databases for best performance.
* We work closely with other departments to influence UI/UX design to be as intuitive as possible for the end user.
* We help diagnose and troubleshoot unexpected issues that arise in both the web applications we maintain, as well as relevant tools that integrate with our web applications.
* We plan ahead for what's coming down the pipeline, and review how to improve and advance our web applications.
* Work with the development team to program and integrate database features in our web application.
* Coordinate with other departments to understand their workflows and support any functionality.
* Perform code reviews with the team to confirm best practices are implemented.
* Keep up on existing technologies that could benefit the application.
* Develop and maintain web API.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent.
* 5+ years SQL experience.
* Experience developing an API.
* Experience with database and query performance tuning.
* Experience with C# and object oriented programming.
* Versatility and eagerness to tackle new challenges.
* Passion for database development.
* Passion for Rockstar Games and our franchises.
* Strong relational database design skills.
* SQL Server.
* Web Services/REST API.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
* Experience with SQL Server BI development tools (SSRS, SSIS).
* Experience with MVC architecture.
* Experience with XML/JSON.
* Please note, this position will be based in our Bethpage, Long Island, NY location.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you've got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Associated topics: algorithm, backend, c c++, develop, matlab, perl, programming, python, software developer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...