User Experience Researcher
Compensation: $77,920.00 - $127,920.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
User Experience Researchers are a vital part of the Product Design team. The right candidate will be a champion for our users by bringing their unique perspective to the table through sound research and knowledge of User Centered Design practices. Researchers will design, execute, and communicate qualitative and quantitative research to drive decision-making throughout the entire development lifecycle. Success will not be measured solely by the number of deliverables produced but rather by advocating for our users and ensuring that user needs are at the forefront of discussions and decisions.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: (List in order of importance)
* Interface with product, design, and development teams to raise awareness of user needs, pain points, and behaviors
* Understand stakeholder research needs and identify the right research methodologies to address them
* Fully execute research projects from initial kick off, to fielding/interviewing, to sharing findings as a primary researcher
Develop UX Research artifacts including proposals, moderator's guides, and results summaries
Synthesize research findings elegantly and efficiently
* Identify unmet research opportunities that can add value and efficiently execute them
* Recruit and maintain lists of targeted research participants from internal and external sources
* Serve as a source of user knowledge for the organization
* 2+ years of experience conducting formal research
* Master's Degree or higher in HCI, psychology, human factors, social science, or a related field
* Practical knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research techniques like contextual inquiry, usability testing, competitive benchmarking, interviews, focus groups, and surveys
* An obsession with understanding how to make amazing experiences for human beings
* Experience with UX Research tools like the OptimalSort, UserZoom, UserTesting.com, or other tools
* Experience with Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, or other survey platforms
* Willingness to challenge the status quo when it comes to addressing the needs of users
* Enthusiasm in ambiguity and uncertainty
* Comfort operating autonomously
* Experience with journey mapping, service design, or design thinking
* Persona development
* Web analytics
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Req ID: 25818
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Desired
Employment Experience: 0-2 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 08/05/2019
Associated topics: gui, interactive producer, interface, ui, ui ux designer, user experience, user interface, ux designer, ux ui designer, wireframing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...