Client Data Operations Associate - Wealth Management Operations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Global Wealth Management Operations provides brokerage, investment and financial services to hundreds of thousands of individual investors. We apply our expertise in serving institutional clients to create new opportunities for people to achieve their personal financial goals. Morgan Stanley has one of the largest retail brokerage networks, with numerous worldwide representatives and retail locations. Our services are tailored to each client's investment objectives, risk tolerance, and financial needs. Products include mutual funds, stocks, bonds, and alternative investments where appropriate, as well as banking, mortgages, insurance and annuities.
The Wealth Management Data Operations team focuses on key data initiatives to support Morgan Stanley's platform move from account centric to a party centric view. Our goal is to enhance Client, Field and Branch experience while reducing risk exposure and time to market, and maintaining Morgan Stanley's elevated brand standard in financial services.
The Wealth Management Data Operations team is looking for an Associate who will help drive the implementation of various data quality initiatives and support the team in day to day running of the business. The Associate's functions will vary from day to day as the team operates in a dynamic and constantly changing environment. A successful candidate will possess a well-rounded set of skills and be capable of filling a number of different roles within the team. Some of the associate's responsibilities will include requirements gathering and analysis through implementation, producing metrics and reports for senior management, performing deep dive data analysis, project management, writing procedure documents and a number of other ad hoc tasks.
Specific responsibilities may vary, but involve:
* Flexibility and willingness to learn new roles and responsibilities in an ever changing complex environment. Supporting various Data Quality projects and initiatives.
* Establishing relationships across various departments and functions including but not limited to: New Accounts, Margin, Stock Plan Services, IT, Money Movement, CRM.
* Understanding business functions and processes.
* Coordinating and scheduling project execution.
* Using quantitative methods to derive actionable insights and outcomes from data.
* Field and cross platform impact assessment.
* Understanding and developing metrics and reporting needs for senior management.
* Gathering and documenting requirements including process flow diagrams, policy and procedure documents for various departments and evaluation of existing processes.
* Deep dive analysis of inquiries from the Field and responding in a timely fashion.
* 3 to 5 years of experience working for a major financial institution, preferably wealth management or consulting agency.
* Working experience or strong knowledge of the following areas: Stock Plan services, client and account demographics, Money Movement systems etc. Exposure to Account onboarding, CRM is a Plus.
* Ability to manage and maintain relationships across various departments.
* Strong problem-solving abilities and analytical skills, ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable pieces, and develop elegant and efficient solutions.
* Experience gathering requirements and writing BRDs and functional specifications.
* Experience documenting and implementing policy and procedure documents.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of data distribution systems and processes.
* Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office (intermediate Excel), basic SQL.
* Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau.
* Bachelor's degree required.
Loading some great jobs for you...