Compensation: $112,860.00 - $167,320.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Locations:Cincinnati (OH), Chicago (IL), Detroit (MI), New York (NY), Nashville (TN), Houston (TX), Los Angeles/Irvine (CA), and Seattle (WA)
Role Value Proposition:
As a sales trainee, you will complete a 12 month sales training program which includes a combination of structured classroom and on-the-job learning with a focus on building an understanding of the employee benefits industry, MetLifes group benefits and professional selling skills. Successful completion of the program will prepare you to apply for an account executive position within our Group Benefits Sales organization.
* Complete and participate in all required MetLife learning and training including successful completion of the SalesAcademy Program
* Work effectively with a seasoned sales professional who serves as a mentor in educating the trainee to the various productand services offered by MetLife. This will involve meetings with the mentor and his/her customers, brokers, and consultants
* Develop an understanding of the Group Benefits products and services including Disability, Dental, Life, Auto & Home,Hyatt Legal, and Critical Illness
* Learn the basic financial drivers of the Group Benefits Sales business and product lines
* Build sales competencies including communication, presentation, negotiation, and relationship building skills
* Support the sales office by meeting with brokers or customers, making cold calls, conducting enrollment meetings orbenefit fairs, providing post-sale service and interaction with clients, and assisting the account executives with theirterritories
* Generate reports to track/report activities, progress, and strategies
* Ability to travel
* Manage expenses according to company guidelines
* Perform other related duties as assigned or required
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
* Knowledge of the MetLife organization, as well as industry information, including an understanding ofbrokers, customers, and competitive landscape is a plus
* Interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, sound business judgment, computerskills, ability to lead and influence, analytical, relationship building and organizational skills
* The ability to obtain Life, Accident and Health, Property & Casualty, and FINRA 6 & 63 licenses is required.Trainee must remain up-to-date with continuing education requirements to maintain licensing
* Willingness to relocate prior to, and upon completion of, the program
* 0-5 years of related work experience
* Bachelors degree
At MetLife, were leading the global transformation of an industry weve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, were dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 111403
Associated topics: architect, building, field service, install, installation, physician, sales applications engineer, sales engineer, solution engineer, web service
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...