R programming developer
Compensation: $115,530.00 - $170,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI is seeking to hire an R programmer to work in downtown Manhattan. Programmer will work alongside client management team to develop statistical models. Develop strategies to increase efficiency and ensure business growth.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
* Development, automate and review of technical architecture, requirements and statistical models.
* Coordinate with end users for designing and implementation of analytics solutions as per project proposals.
* Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work.
* Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
* Design of experiments/data collection for statistical analysis.
* Individual will be responsible for quantitative analysis of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data working in small teams to develop, test, and harden advanced analytical models as required.
* Program code of qualitative variable and manipulation tasks with various statistical methodologies
* Continually look for ways to improve overall performance of systems.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
* 5+ years of development experience in R Programming
* Development experience in Python
* Deep understanding with strong fundamentals experience in Data Structures.
* Experience with financial services and financial models is highly preferred.
* Experience in writing well designed, testable, efficient code and translating functional requirements into functional and technical design specifications
* Ability to read and write advanced SQLs ,SPs, Indexes ,etc. with Database.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at ...@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Associated topics: c++, c#, devops, matlab, php, programming, sde, software development engineer, software engineer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...