Manager, Corporate Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Our Corporate Development & Strategy team is principally responsible for developing and executing against Bright Health's strategic growth strategy and supporting the Office of the CEO in executing key organizational initiatives. Among its many responsibilities, the Corporate Development & Strategy team is tasked with identifying, assessing and executing strategic partnership and M&A opportunities, leading fundraising and related activities, managing relations with the Board, investors and other internal and external stakeholders, and supporting cross-functional initiatives and strategic projects of high importance to the senior leadership team.
The Manager, Corporate Development will be principally responsible for leading the execution of inorganic growth initiatives consistent with establish strategic organizational goals, including the identification, analysis and consummation of new acquisition and partnership opportunities. The Manager will work closely with Corporate Development Associates and others throughout the organization to assess growth opportunities in the context of alignment with strategic priorities, working in close partnership with senior leadership, including team members with strong backgrounds in healthcare investment banking, consulting, corporate development and principal investing.
* Lead the identification, analysis and prioritization of inorganic growth opportunities, working closely with cross-functional teams across the Bright Health organization
* Lead the execution of key organizational growth initiatives, including strategic partnerships and M&A transactions
* Manage due diligence processes, including the coordination of internal stakeholders and third-party advisors and the compilation of findings to build business cases / recommendations for senior leadership and investor review
* Analyze the pro forma implications of strategic partnerships and M&A transactions on Bright Health's growth trajectory, business mix and margin
* Assist in the evaluation of capital allocation decisions alongside senior leadership team and investors
* Support investor relations and fundraising activities
* Evaluate macro-level trends, track competitor strategies and communicate insights to support organizational strategy
* Maintain active discussions with investment bankers, consultants and other industry advisors to gain insight into market dynamics and identify inorganic growth opportunities
* Communicate and collaborate with teams across all functional areas of the organization
* Support additional strategic and growth related projects as needed
* This position has supervisory responsibilities for Corporate Development Associates
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
* Six (6) or more years of experience in business / corporate development, investment banking, management consulting, private equity or venture capital, with exposure to the healthcare industry
* Three (3) or more years of experience leading a team with related responsibilities
* Strong analytical background required, with M&A and/or strategic partnership execution experience strongly preferred
* Ability to manage a process from opportunity identification to transaction execution
* Client-facing experience and comfort leading meetings / discussions with external parties
* Financial modeling and due diligence experience
* Organized and methodical, with a structured, data-driven approach to problem solving
* Mature, passionate, resourceful and self-directed individual
* Team player that is hard-working and demonstrates sound business judgment
* Expertise in relevant business tools (Excel, PPT, etc.)
* Demonstrates high levels of EQ and aligns with Bright Health's values
* Mission driven and motivated to work in an organization that will transform the patient experience and the health plan landscape
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Some travel may be required.
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
Bright Health is tripling its footprint in 2019 to offer a variety of health insurance plans to more individuals. Bright Health operates health insurance offerings across Individual and Family Plan segments and the Medicare Advantage space in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, New York and Tennessee.
We're Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Loading some great jobs for you...