Account Manager Associate, Small Group
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper.We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
As a member of our benefits and HR consulting team, you'll help our clients -- employers of all sizes, across all industries -- build workplaces that work better.
Role Purpose: The Account Manager Associate role supports the account teams by delivering exceptional service to Gallagher's clients. In this role, the Account Manager Associate assists in the renewal process, preparation of submission and gathering of information. This role is responsible for following up on new and renewal business, quotations, and lends support to the overall account team.
Primary Responsibilities-What Successful Associates 'Do':
* Working with the Gallagher Service Center (GSC). Maintain and prioritize a task list on a regular basis as directed
* Provide support to GBS Small Group Services by completing ad hoc administrative tasks as needed and directed
* Support the Client Service Cycle with oversight from experienced team members to ensure a seamless renewal process and retain business
* Utilize Gallagher's resources (GSC), available tools (Quoting, Benefits Administration, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), established work products and knowledge (benefits, level funding, etc.) to maximize efficiency and effectiveness in client deliverables
* Support resolution of service-related issues in partnership with experienced team members
* Cultivate and maintain positive relationships within the branch, with clients and with vendor partners
* Participate in and adhere to GBS Peer Review policy
* With the Gallagher Service Center and available tools, prepare the renewal quoting proposals and develop the client presentation
* Leverage team members to ensure timely delivery of requests for clients, vendors and internal partners
* Develop strong oral and written communication skills, demonstrated through the ability to effectively present in open enrollment meetings, participate on client calls and correspond via email
* Maintain proficiency in all GBS professional standards
* Develop an understanding of internal GBS resources (BAC, Compliance, Health Management, HR Consulting, Retirement, etc.)
* Be innovative and don't be satisfied with the status quo! Generate new ideas, always look to improve
* Comply with Gallagher's processes, BOSS standards and office initiatives
* Complete training and professional development to gain an understanding of the insurance industry and GBS processes
* Exemplify the highest ethical standards, promote ethical behavior and uphold The Gallagher Way
How Associates Achieve Success:
* Demonstrate an understanding of the Client Service Cycle and renewal process
* Build a knowledge of GBS tools, systems and shared resources
* Actively seek to develop professional skills and insurance knowledge through a combination of on-the-job learning and formal instruction
* Build and maintain collaborative relationships with clients
* Develop strong relationships with team members and shared resources
* Seek opportunities to develop relationships with carriers and other professional contacts outside of Gallagher
* Speak and write effectively in different settings using a variety of communication methods
* Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in all interactions
* Listen actively and ask questions to gain greater clarity and confirm understanding of the topics discussed with team members
* Able to ask for and receive feedback
* Maintain an open method of communication with all support staff in the branch so that everyone clearly understands objectives and goals set on behalf of clients
* Maintain poise and composure while managing multiple internal and/or external client requests and issues
* Clarify priorities/requests and follows through on commitments
* Constantly seek to improve personal efficiency and productivity
* Seek to understand team and Branch goals
* Proactively approach issues that could impact client retention
* Is willing to 'go the extra mile' to achieve results for clients, the Branch and Gallagher
* Understand and assist team with client retention goals
* Proactively take on additional responsibilities in support of the team when needed
* Partner with other team members, shared resources and vendor partners to address client requests and effectively resolve client issues
* Adapt when working with a client team
* Ability to focus on what really matters and avoids getting lost 'in the weeds'
* Identify and adapt to others' working styles (e.g. their informational needs, learning styles, work preferences)
* Change tactics when an existing approach proves ineffective in order to find common ground
* Demonstrate composure, stamina and resilience under pressure
* Gain trust and credibility by acting in an authentic manner with integrity and in-line with the Gallagher Way
* Consistently meets deadlines
* Bachelor's Degree
* No prior related work experience required.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization.
* Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Loading some great jobs for you...